susan wrote:

> i like the 722,

> Also I
> would like a remote with recording functions.

The 722 remote does have some recording funtions.

Obviously, pause and stop....and record

The track skip slider (where the play button is) adjusts the record level (not
that the remote is backlit so you still have to look at the unit to see what
level you are peaking at).
The slider on the stop button, if you push up (marked "Bass Mode") gives you
track marks.

There is no labelling or editing as far as I  know.

> with an option to override and refine the levels of bass and treble.

I, for one, would love that. Are there any portable units with a better eq than
three levels of Bass boost?