Honestly, every MD (regular MD, not INDUSTRIAL or DATA MINIDISC) have the
same disc or mostly inside... What is different is the shelf, the cover and
the shutter. I can't hardly believe that some minidisc have better sound
than other.

I have try a lot of minidisc : Hi-Space, Sony, TDK, Maxell, Denon, Xita and
I'm reputed for my perfection in sound... I always record digitally all my
minidisc and I didn't notice a difference between 2 different kind of MD.
There is however a big difference, for me, between the original CD and the
MD copy and also, a huge difference between the CD, The digital copy of a CD
on a MD and MP3 files. MP3 files are good to hear in a room or in a radio
when working but I hate this when I exercice cause I hear the loss in sound
and all the imperfection.

Anyway, before I went to far outside the subject, the difference between
minidisc is the outside, the plastic, cover, shuter and case. Personally, I
prefer Sony Minidisc for design, TDK Gold and Techno Color Hi-Space
Minidisc.  I use a lot of regular clear, red and colored Hi-Space minidisc
but, French don't have the best marketing ever. It's a great quality product
but the design is not the best. However, the price is really good.  The
worst MD for me are the Memorex, not for the disc itself but for the
weakness of the shutter and the plastic shelf.  I used to sell Memorex
minidisc and I had to reimburse so many customers for defect minidisc that I
stop it very fast ! Also, the second worst minidisc are the Maxell color
with plastic shutter. A lot of time, customers (and myself too) had problem
when the disc is insert in the minidisc recorder... It's annoying. Maxell
are not so good for marketing and design too...

Really the best minidisc (I like them equally I must say...) are : Sony
Shock Absorbant Mechanism 5 colors - TDK Gold Minidisc - Techno Color
Hi-Space Minidisc and Clear Crystal Hi-Space Minidisc...

The only problem with Hi-Space minidisc is the clear label supplied... But I
get rid of this because I do my own label with Avery Label... What I love
the most with Hi Space minidisc is the flip case, very useful when you do a
party !

So, I hope this will help... Just to tell you, I have over 500 minidiscs and
on these 500, 350 are Hi-Space minidisc and I had never experienced problem
with those ! All the other are Sony, Denon, TDK and a few Maxell... (No, I
don't have any Memorex !)

Good Evening !