I've already verify this...

Hi Space and Memorex are not alike... They come both from Europe but
Hi-Space is not the same than Memorex for sure...

There is a lot of European Minidiscs too... Also there is many from England,
Japan, Thailand... I've seen and test a lot of minidisc...

I have sell last year some Memorex and used some and experienced problems
with shutters and I also noticed that the design is really different in the
construction of the minidisc between Memorex and Hi Space minidisc...

I never experienced any problem with Hi-Space, especially the brand new
Techno Color Collection from Hi Space, they have a killer look and seems
like more resistant (particulary from heat).

I will have an interview with some guy from MPO (Hi Space France) soon and I
will ask him the question even if the guy from Hi-Space Canada already told
me that Memorex and Hi-Space are two really distinct company...

Honestly, take a Hi-Space minidisc and a Memorex minidisc and, without
lying, tell me if you don't see a difference... Of course, there is a
difference, easily noticable..

Good Week End !

Peter.

Pierre Forest