I think I was prematurely enthusiastic about the sound quality of LP4.
I still think it's pretty good, but I recorded some music that was a
little more subtle--and demanding--than the orchestral music I used
initially to test LP4. I recorded a song from THE BILL EVANS ALBUM,
and I noticed that the piano sound was somewhat muddy and occasionally
gritty in places.

I still think LP4 is pretty damned good, but the quality will depend
in large part on the type of music one is recording. It's certainly
good enough for airchecks, which was the primary reason for my
enthusiasm. If you want a long mix for background music, LP4 will
definitely suffice.

I tried recording at LP2 (the EVANS ALBUM again), and it sounded just
great.

Jim R.
09/14/00
1644