"J. Coon" wrote:

> Some of those guys don't act at all... They just play themselves.
> Could John Wayne act? he always played John Wayne and the people loved
> him and so did I.

I hated him.  Not only did not not enjoy his movies, I didn't like the man.
There was a Playboy interview with a REAL actor, Ed Asner, about 20 years
ago.  If you had read the article you'd see why I hate Wayne.  But this is
not the proper forum for that.

> What about Jim Carney?

I never heard of him.  But I did see a guy named Jim Carrey in those movies
:).

> I saw him in The Mask, and Dumb and Dumber.  I
> thought he was great.  However, after a while his is just playing Jim
> Carney, and I haven't seen any of his other movies 'cause I got tired of
> seeing Jim Carney all the time.

He runs hot and cold.

> > Austin Powers (which by the way I was very disappointed in.
>
> Is that ever an understatement!!!!!  Its as bad as watching the Ghoul, a
> guy that used  to play the after hours B grade movies on late night TV
> back in the early 70's.  He wore a mop on his  head, sunglasses with one
> lens out.  the only thing he had going for him was the TV  station
> didn't have to pay him much, and there was on off button on the TV.
> >
> > Larry (who is copying his new Kingston Trio CDs to MD as we speak)
>
> I did that with my Jim Kewskin Jug Band CD.  I gotta get around to
> copying my LPs next.
>

> These albums were not available on CD until very recently.  I had them all
> on vinyl, but lost two of them in a fire.  So this was a big deal for me.
> I have been trying to one particular song that is on one of them for 20
> years!

That reminds me about MD.  People are making a great fuss about CD, MD and
what ever sound quality.  When I was in my teens and twenties I had the time
to sit down in my family room and just listen to music.

Sound quality was very important to me then because that's what I was
doing.  I usually don't have the luxury of doing that very often.  If I get
any free time I usually watch a DVD now a days.

So most of my music listening is done while I am driving.  I guess I should
invest more money in my car stereo.  I have just had a 1990 Pontiac Am quad
four restored.  Up until now I didn't have a car that I felt was worth
putting a good system in.

I really love home theater though.  Before I bought a Dolby Pro Logic
receiver (about 18 years ago) I "hot wired" the two rear speakers using a
stereo receiver.  Believe it or not, it actually sounds pretty good.

You don't get a front center channel.  But the ambiance sound is picked up
in the rear.

If anyone one is not familiar with "hot wiring", you take the positive lead
from the right front speaker and attach it to the positive terminal on the
rear right.  The same with the left.  Then you attach the right rear
negative to the left rear negative.

Larry