You're much better off getting a pair of Sony MDR-EX70 or (preferably)
Etymotic ER-4S/4P.  I find these less complicated, easier to use, and in
Etymotic's case, FAR more quality sound for your money.

If you're determined to get noise-cancelling headphones, steer clear of
Sony's MDR-NC5. I find those compromised in so many ways, they're not worth
the price. :)

Leon