las wrote:
>  One last thing, will some other old fart in this list tell this old fart
> why they changed the nomenclature for frequencies??  It used to be 20 to
> 20K cps (cycles per second).  That made sense.
>
> What the hell is a Hertz??

They wanted to honor one of the pioneers in radio communications.  I
think he did work on antennas or propogation.  I'm a little fuzzy on
that.  As I recall, it happened about the time that did away with miky
mikes, for condensers, they used to  be listed as mmfd for
micro-microfarad.  They changed them from condenser, (because they don't
really condense electricity) to capacitors, and changed mmfd to
picofarad

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways