Aileen Chen wrote:

> I like my SoundBlaster Live! with the LiveDrive... got no real reason why,
> but it is pretty reliable and it comes with the good Creative Labs name...

If I were ready to build a new system (that's the way I'm going to do it with
my next computer) I'd put a Sound Blaster Live Platinum in it.  This card has
all of the jacks and ports in the front (it replaced a drive bay cover).

You constantly read "Sound Blaster compatible".  So why not get a Real Sound
Blaster in the first place?

Stay away from Turtle Beach or who ever makes them now.  Roland makes an
amazing sound card with a separate "port replicator".  It costs about $400!  I
think it is designed mainly for musicians to use (although it will work fine
for anyone if you want to spend the money).

It's kind of crazy that the companies we trust so much for audio equipment
don't make the sound cards.  Don't you think there should be Onkyo or Pioneer
or Rotel or what ever sound cards?  Even an Aiwa might be nice.

These are the companies we trust every day to provide the equipment that we
listen to music on.

Larry

Larry