there are a lot of products. You'd better have a look at
http://www.minidisc.org. Look for "Equipment browser" on the left column.
Robin, 50 Watts is already very powerful except if u want to sonorize a
night-club or something like that.
Your optical out, you want it on the CD player or on the CD recorder. If you
take a stereo system, you have great chances to have your optical out on the CD
player (maybe that's what you're looking for). If you already own an amplifier,
look for a good cd deck with analog and digital out (coaxial or optical) and a
md deck with digital I/O.
Personnally, I've been looking for a stereo system like you. But finally, I
bought a Sony MD deck that is great. It's the MDS-JE530, it has coaxial,
optical and analog in and analog and optical out. I plugged little speakers on
the PHONES out with an adapter and it's great!
Moreover, I make a lot of analog recordings so I can make digital copies of
them.

Robin Landy a *crit :