On Thu, 30 Nov 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> You can set some recorder to auto mode ( will start recording when there is
> a signal) and put the timer on your receiver.

I've wondered about doing this and using a clock radio by simply setting
the radio alarm to slightly before the program I'm interested in.  Of
course the recording would go until the disc is full, but that's okay.

However, I've had a concern:  Is it a bad idea to leave the md recorder in
auto-start mode for an extended period--6 hours or more?  I assume the
disk is spinning in this state, and wondered about wear.

Chris Jackson