Bryan wrote :
> I have always used cotton buts to clean tape heads and old CD units
> but if you are using a MD deck how to you clean the lens????

Lens cleaning only needs to be done in dire circumstances - as Jim said, for
the most part dust and grot and stuff should never come into contact with
the lens.  When a lens needs cleaning, often other things will need cleaning
too, so take off the cover and give it an overhaul. (as long as you know
what you're doing of course :o) )

All the best

Ian

Ian Horsey