I was actually asking about the recommendations of hardware manufacturers.
Sorry for the confusion. No surprise that the makers of the cleaners recommend
them.  :)
jsl

"David W. Tamkin" wrote:

I'm not sure whether by "MD manufacturers" James meant hardware or disc
manufacturers.  Since Maxell and TDK makes such cleaners, at least two disc
makers must recommend them.

Hardware manuals never even mention the things as far as I know.

James S. Lee    | Net: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Communication Studies, CB# 6235 | Phn: 919-962-4963
University of North Carolina - CH | Fax: 919-962-3305
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-6235  | Web: http://www.unc.edu/~jimlee/