Hi

My MZ-R90 started playing up recently by skipping (jumping a lot and
cutting out - just like a scratched vinyl LP). Luckily it was still under
guarantee so I took it back to the shop and they sent it off to be
repaired. I got it back today (the reciept said "fitted laser assy and
tested to spec") but it is still skipping - if anything worse than before.
Because of this I thought the problem might lie with the discs, but I've
just tested my discs on my friend's Sharp 722 and they play fine. What is
really confusing me is that his disc (unfortunately he only has one with
him) plays perfectly in my MZ-R90 - no skipping or anything. It appears
that my player only dislikes discs it recorded itself?!?

Can anyone tell me what the problem might be and what I should do? - I'm
loathe to take it back to the shop, as it took them a month to repair and
it has come back covered in gunk.

Thanks

Jens

--
Brown Partworks Ltd
8 Chapel Place, Rivington Street, London EC2A 3DQ

http://www.brownpartworks.co.uk