Hello,

I am relatively new to the forum, although not to MD (I own and love my MZ-1
to pieces!).

I would like to replace my aging player for something really portable,
though. I've kept a close eye on the RZ-90, but I have lots of questions
about it which Sony's page doesn't address....

1) Does it use ATRAC Type-R? If not, which version does it use? Does it
sound good?
2) Is there any new model by Sony coming out soon?
3) Is there a better portable (in your opinion) from other brands?
4) If I use my MZ-1 as a player in my home system, and wire everything using
fiber optics, will an MD recorded on the RZ-90 sound better on the MZ-1 than
a record made on the MZ-1 played on it?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I love MD, and would like to
purchase the best player-recorder out there.

Thanks again!

Francisco.