> I am looking to buy an MD minisystem on a very tight budget.  I can get
> a refurbished (which is fine with me) Aiwa XR-H66MD for around $190
> shipped.

I don't know much about the unit itself, but I have heard that Aiwa stopped
supporting MiniDisc technology in it's new products. I don't know what the
corporate climate is like at Aiwa, but you may find it difficult to get
support for the unit.

I know this is a great deal, but I've heard some bad things
> about the unit and was wondering if anyone else had some experiences to
> share.  Also, I was looking at the sharp MD-C2 and the new MX30  (I've
> been unable to find an MX30 cheap enough for my poor ass :) )

If price is a concern, you can always look into the MX20. I think
PlanetMiniDisc is selling the MX-20 for 280$ US. With your 10$ off, that
brings you to within 20$ of your 250$ budget.

If anyone has any info about the MX-20/MX-30, I would appreciate hearing it.

Regards,
- Anthony