Sean asked,

| (1) is it possible to SAFELY to TOC cloning on a Sony MZ-R55 ?

It's not possible, safely nor dangerously, on the R55, as far as anyone has
reported in the fora I follow.  TOCs can be cloned on Sony decks (except the
ATRAC 4.0 series), on Sharp slot-in portables, and on those Sharp clamshell
portables where the disc insertion sensor is accessible from the opening.

| (2) have someone done it before successfully?

Not on an R55, AFAIK.

| (4) is it possible, now, to take a disc which is recorded full of data and
| take that disc's TOC and 'clone' it to my 'damaged' disc?

Not with an R55.  In your case, there is an additional complication: the
track you mistakenly deleted and want to recover may have shared a cluster
with a track you kept.  Partial recoveries need to be in segments of six or
more whole clusters, so ... well, let's just say, it's not the sort of thing
I could cover when I wrote up the JE520 cloning instructions.

| (5) I'm very scared about this test-mode stuff as I bought my Minidisc
| unit overseas (only have a European warranty) at 50% cheaper as what it
| costs here in South Africa ! You think it is safe?

There's no point in trying test mode, because an R55 cannot clone TOCs.

| (6) can you give me a sort-of step by step for a solution. I know alot
| of people have written about this, but I am not able to find anything on
| most portable recorders ( especially Sony MZ-R55) and is cloning the
| right solutuion?

Cloning is the right solution, but you won't find instructions for doing it
on an R55.

Perhaps someone else near you has a machine that can clone TOCs, but I do
caution you, you may have to recover the whole disc as one track and redivide
all tracks from one another and retitle them all.