Hi Sean,

If you haven't recorded any new music onto the disc (i.e. so the recording
is still physically on the disc, even if the TOC has been updated to record
it as erased), it sounds to me like a TOC clone would restore your
recording.

However, the bad news is I'm unaware of any instructions for TOC cloning on
a Sony portable, including the R55.  Most Sony home decks can do it - I've
done TOC clones on my Sony JE520 deck with ease - and as far as I'm aware
there is no danger to the deck in doing this - so maybe you should find
someone with a Sony deck who can help you out.

If you don't know anyone with a deck, maybe you could even try it on a demo
model on the shelf at a local store if they'll let you - the procedure takes
all of about 2 minutes and is very straightforward - I can't see it damaging
the deck (if I'm wrong here someone please let me know!).

richard

Richard Lang
Solicitor

Duncan Cotterill