Rodney Peterson wrote:

> My time is too valuable to bother with make it yourself cable.

My suggestion doesn't involve "make it yourself cable".  You purchase Radio
Shack's best 75 ohm cables with gold "F" connectors,  You buy 2 F to RCA
adapters (I'm not sure if they are available gold plated) and you have what
I feel is a good set of component video interconnects.

Remember if you are using component video, you are still using analog
signals.

If I am not mistaken, component video is essentially the same as RGB.  The
black and white signal is piggy packed on one of the 3 colors.

Unless you have HDTV DVD's (I don't think that they are available yet),
although you can have a digital audio signal, DVD is still analog video and
limited to 500 lines of resolution or so.

Your HDTV is capable of displaying true digital video.  But DVD's can not
give you the resolution of HDTV.  The best an HDTV will do for DVD's is give
you the most you can get out of them.  Also you can get true wide screen
without having to letter box.

But since there is maybe one TV show at this time that broadcasts in HDTV,
.......sorry, I've gotten way of the topic and the topic itself has nothing
to do with mini discs anyway.  But we are kind of reaching a brick wall with
Mini Discs outside of Japan.