Don Capps wrote:

> Funny isn't it? Remember all that "it's just ones and zeros" and "bits is
> bits" bullshit that Phillips/Sony were putting out in the early days of
> digital? If it was "perfect sound" then, as they so loudly touted, then why
> have they spend SO damned much money on improving it and pushing the
> technological boundaries in recent years? When you have a perfect format,
> how can you improve upon perfection?

The problem is that until they insert a chip into our brain, we hear analog.
All those ones and zeros are just feeble attempts to simulate a wave.  Maybe we
have been going the wrong way.  All of this digital crap.  maybe we should have
been concentrating on ways to faithfully reproduce waves.

Larry