MD enthusiasts,

For some time now I have wanted to burn my mp3 files to my minidiscs. I am
also the proud owner of a Mac powerbook with USB ports. A friend of mine
suggested that look into buying a Roland UA-30 USB audio interface. What
this device essentially does is it transfers the mp3 signal from my
powerbook's USB port and convert it to an optical signal (I believe he said
it was called "S/PDIF" format) that my Sony minidisc deck can accept.

Has anyone tried this? If so, were there any problems? As I mentioned
before, my laptop is a Mac G3 Powerbook with USB outputs, OS 9.1 and my Sony
minidisc deck is the MDS-JE510 model.

Thanks for all your help!!

Bondster!