<<  Daryl, is it not possible the MX-D40 will be one replacement deck?  And
that
whatever new designation that add LP capability to  the 440 be the other?
>>  (John Small)

I did an extensive search on our computer network for "minidisc,"
"minidisk," "mini disc," "mini disk," "mini-disc," "mini-disk", as well as
"MD", and I found no new component decks listed.  (I forgot to check on
"M.D." or "M. D.", but I doubt that there would be any listings for those,
but I could check again tomorrow.)  In any case, there was a new planogram
for digital recorders issued this past week, and there were *no* replacement
SKU's designated for our current models.

<<  I have observed that (at the Cooper Street/I20 location in Arlington,
TX) the
portable MD units are displayed apart for the MD decks, and that the
portable
showcase looks looted and in significant disarray.  This seems a disservice
MD, BB and the customers.  >>  (John)

I agree.  That is still my store, by the way.  I merchandise the computer
department, however, so I do not have the time the fix that section up.
I've already displayed the MZR70PCS three times already, incidentally, and
it disappears each time.  I can only suspect internal theft.  I sent off an
email to our corporate offices this morning, suggesting that they move the
minidisc section to the PC/Home Office department, but I'm afraid that my
pleas will fall on deaf ears....  I've done my part.  I can only hope that
Best Buy does theirs....

Daryl