Hey all,

        I have had my 702 for a couple years now and have had no problems.  My
Li-ion battery finally gave out and I lost my ac adaptor all at once.  I
replaced the battery but had a universal ac cube from radio shack that
seems to power the player fine.

The player will not go into charge mode.  The manual says if the voltage is
wrong the screen will say "Power?"  But mine shows nothing.  I tried
feeding it exactly 5.0v from a variable transformer and it still won't
charge, so I don't think getting teh official power adaptor will solve this.

Can these 3.6 volt batteries be charged any other way outsie the unit?  I
have seen tones of cheap camcorder recharger online.

I really don't want to have bought a battey and an ac acptor for $110 when
I can get a whole new unit for $150.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.