--- Sharon Skaryd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>we're hoping to use two mic systems fed into
> the 1/8 inch input into the Sony to create a
> minidisc or use a feed off our mixer into the >
minidisc recorder.

Hi all; I am by no means a minidisc/live recording
expert, but....I've recorded about a dozen live shows
recently with my minidisc recorder. I've recorded
acoustic guitar/voice and I've recorded loud rock
concerts. People that have heard the results have
given very favorable feedback, and these recordings
have turned out as good or better than any live (non
professional) recordings that I've heard.

I either use a stereo electret condenser mic going
into the miniplug 'mic in' record right off of the
board into the miniplug 'line in'. I usually record
off the board for acoustic music and mic it for louder
music.

Off the board recording is pretty chancey. The sound
may be great for the audience but really dry and
unbalanced coming off the board. For quieter acoustic
music though a mic recording might get too much crowd
noise (where at a rock show the PA will be much louder
than most of the people around you).

Hope that helps...
Daniel
ps--most people that record would probably laugh at
this, but I get great results using a stereo electret
condenser mic that is 1)not that expensive 2)is made
with a cord that plugs right into the miniplug input
on your minidisc rec with no adapter neccesary and
3)is about the shape/size of a small harmonica. I
think it is a camcorder add-on mic (Sony stereo/zoom
ECM-ZS90). It cost me $45.

=====
Prayers converge in heaven, begging for more rain
Washing quietly steadily-water spotting windows
Slicking down roads, wet bridges of iron and steel
They were all constructed by someone
And now we have no choice but to cross
Erosion is the natural process
All of us are required to participate.