From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Charles Redell
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2001 9:33 PM
To: MD
Subject: MD: recording to CD

Hi,

This is slightly off topic, and for that I apoloigize. But I have a
question that I'm sure someone in this group can help me with.

I use my Sharp MD 722 to record live music quite often. The sound
quality on the MD master is always superb and as flawless as one can
expect from a live recording. I recently recorded a friend's band off a
sound board patch and the quality is so good that they now want to post
it to their web site... My problem is that when I record it to my hard
drive, there are skips in the sound that do NOT exist on the MD. They
sound like digital hicups that happen momentarily when you listen to a
CD through your computer and you open a big program. They are very short
(less than a second) but annoying and detract from a recording they
could sell or give thier fans...

I've been told to lower the bit rate on my editing program (Sound Forge
4.5) from the default 44,100. When I did (the next lowest setting is
32,000), the recording came out fine, but the CD burner software then
told me that the files were not "of CD quality" and wouldn't burn to CD.

Ideas? Should I re-set the bit rate? To what if so? Or is there
something else entirely I should be doing?

Thanks for your help. Since this is a bit off-topic, if you want to
reply only to me, that's fine.

Charlie