> What is the difference between the NH-14M which is 1400mAh and the NH-14WM
> which is 1350mAh.   I assume I can use both with my minidisc.   Will one
> last longer than other? What is mAh?

mAh stands for "milliampere-hour". Its basically a measure of how much
charge the battery can store. Given a certain amount of electrical charge
(think of it as "juice"), the time it will last before running out depends
on two things: how much "juice" your battery has (mAh) and how fast your
equipment "drinks" the juice (current drain in milliamps).

So, for instance, a 1400 mAh battery can supply 1400 mA of current for one
hour. At half the current drain (700 mA) the battery will last twice as
long (2 hours). At 2800 mA (twice the drain) it will last half an hour..
and so on.

So basically, to answer that part of your question, a battery with a
higher mAh rating will last longer, so it is reasonable to assume that the
1400 mAh is "better" in this respect than the 1350 mAh one, given that
their other specifications are the same (voltage and of course, they both
fit your MD equipment).

        - Roadmaster