"Chad Gombosi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>You see, there are published standards for listing URLs in text documents
>>like mail messages.
>
>No, there are stadards for HYPERLINKS. A URL is not always a link. So what
>if it wrapped to the next line? Copy *both* lines!

There are standards for including a URL in a text email message. Rat
posted one -- using <URL: > -- but the more common (and preferred, IMHO)
is to use <> around the URL.

In most modern PC email clients, and in any Macintosh-standard
application that uses text services, the brackets delineate the beginning
and end of the URL, so that even if there are hard returns/line
characters in the middle, the URL will "work" without having to manually
cut and paste to fix it.

>The fact that you couldn't go to this URL even though it was RIGHT
>THERE ON THE SCREEN doesn't say a lot for your problem solving
>abilities, which in itself is fine, but the fact that you continue to
>bitch to the list about the guy that took time out of his day to post
>the link in the first place, when your poor conflict resolution
>abilities are to blame is pretty sad.

There is no need to make personal attacks. Rat was just asking that URLs
be posted in a standardized way. I agree that Leon has made many useful
posts -- Rat's request does not imply otherwise.

Sure anyone could take the time to manually splice together the various
parts of the URL (I did, in fact LOL). But in the future, I think Rat's
request is a good one -- if people could enclose URLs with brackets like
this: <http://www.cnn.com> it will make the list more user-friendly with
*minimal* effort. And that should make everyone happy, right? ;)