> > "iomega makes good products"? have you ever heard of the click of death?
> >

>No.

Really? Wow. I thought everyone would have experienced this crap by now.
Basicly you put a Zip disk (usually in another machine than the one you
normally use it in) and instead of it reading, it just keeps resetting the
drive mech over and over until it tells you the disk is no good, which at
this point it isn't because the drive has destroyed all the data on it.

This happnen ALL THE TIME. Usually my Zip disks never leave my house so I
don't see it happen with my IDE Zip drive, but I've seen it happen with all
kinds of Zip drives from old parallel externals, to the ones that ship in
brand new G4s.

If you visit a univeristy computer lab with a few hundered machines in it
you will hear it every few minutes.

Chad Gombosi
Member SCP www.scponline.net
Chad's Game Music Page www.chadsgamemusic.com
MP3.com page: www.mp3.com/signofzeta

"Let me explain a couple of things. Time is short. That's the
first thing. For the weasel, Time is a weasel. For the hero,
Time is heroic. For the whore, Time is just another trick.
If you're gentle, your Time is gentle. If you're in a hurry,
Time flies. Time is a servant, if you are its master. Time
is your god, if you are its dog. We are the creators of Time,
the victims of Time, and the killers of Time. Time is timeless.
That's the second thing. You are the clock, Cassiel."

Emit - Far Away So Close