Speaking of DAT, I found an old booklet announcing the new DAT medium, and
it mentions End Search.  Somehow it just didn't hit me that End Search was
vital for not recording over a tape, but it makes it seem that much more
stupid and useless for a random access medium like MD!

I know this has been discussed before, but I don't have the old digests:
what is the least expensive sound card with a TOSlink input that will
preserve track numbers from an MD?  I'm finally getting into CD burning and
now it's important to me.

Thanks!