I'm just now catching up with my digests, so forgive me for putting in
my two cents so late.  I was really annoyed to see this stupid thread
pop up AGAIN.  As I had remarked on this list only three months ago,
Best Buy has eliminated minidisc component decks ONLY.  Portable
players, including two new models, are still planogrammed in their
stores.  As a veteran of this list (since 1996, when it was on nstn.ca)
and a merchandiser who has worked for this company for over six years, I
know what I'm talking about, so it irritates me that people insist on
ignoring me.  It is completely irresponsible to forward such ignorant
emails to this list, and I would implore Rick not to do this again.
Let's stick to posting *actual* news, okay?  If and when Best Buy
*really* eliminates minidisc from their product selection, I will tell
you guys....

Daryl