Stuart Howlette wrote:

> Sharp MD-C2H does 3 CD's to 3MD's, I own it, but never really use the
> function, but I have tried it once and it worked pretty damn good.

I also own one.  It's no Onkyo $900 receiver with Polk speakers and a high end
CD or MD deck, but it is a steal for the price.

I'm sure that the CD player and the MD recorder are as good as those that you
would find in Sharp's portable units, yet the MD-C2 (there is no "H" on mine,
I'm not sure if there is any difference) is less expensive than a Sharp portable
MD recorder used to be.

I bought mine from so some obscure e business that is probably not in business
any more.  We are living in a small apartment for the time being, having sold
our house.  I figured that it didn't make any sense to use my Techniques
surround sound receiver, Baby Advent speakers and KLH surround speakers in the
small bedroom.

Besides, I hated all of them.  I never liked the Baby Advents.  They just plain
suck as does the impulse buy Techniques receiver.  I sold the whole thing on e
bay for $100.  I think I even through in a Pioneer 6 disc changer.

The MD-C2 is a real strange system.  Kind of a mix of what you'd expect from a
teenager's mini system and some really hi tech features.  No digital ins or
outs  The built in CD changer is digitally connected internally to the MD
changer.  But the entire system sells for less than you would expect to pay for
a comparable Teenager's mini system.

I never play cassettes, but the unit includes one cassette recorder.  No search
functions what so ever.  Very basic unit.  I'm not even sure why they included
one.  I guess that they thought for the small cost of a cassette recorder it
might broaden the appeal of the unit.

Larry