Neil seems bothered that I posted a " feely touchy reply.  I get the feeling
that he was annoyed by the fact that I am a " feely touchy" person.

His post implied that there was no place for that here because this is a
"technical" e mail list.

But even though this is not a music appreciation list, we shouldn't lose sight
of the fact that 95% of what we are using Mini Discs for is music.  In general a
lot of music is feely touchy.  The majority.

It usually deals with love.  Even in classical instrumental music we often say
that really "moved me".  I have seen instrumental music that has made people cry
because it is so sad and beautiful.

I guess that Neil is not a "feely touchy" kind of guy and probably has little
patience for such people.  But he has to take it from the source.

Let me explain.  Suppose that Neil needed some extensive and major dental
treatment.  He  found a dentist that was supposed to be technically excellent.
But that is all Neil knew about him.

Now it turns out that this dentist is not a "feely" touchy" guy.  You might
think that wouldn't matter to Neil.  But now Neil is in the dental chair.  The
dentist tells Neil to open wide and quickly jams a mouth prop into Neil's mouth.

Now he places restraints on Neil's wrists so that he can't jump out of the
chair.  He then proceeds to begin treating Neil without any anesthesia.  Neil is
in excruciating pain.  He makes some noises but really can't scream out because
he has the mouth prop forcing his mouth open.

The dentist tells Neil to "SHUT UP!!!"  "What are you a baby?"  He then proceeds
with his work while Neil is in such pain that he doesn't know if he can take any
more without passing out.  To make matters worse, each time the dentist does
something that really hurts, and Neil's moans, the dentist starts laughing
uncontrollably.  Keeps telling Neil to SHUT UP and be a MAN!

At that point I'm will to guess that Neil wished he was in the hands of a
"Feely" Touchy" dentist like me :).

LAS