> the 700's have a normal sized AA rechargable and can take
> standard AA's.  I think of this as a bonus .... i just
> pull out a spare AA i carry around and stick it in.

I'll agree heartily to this: I work at a grocery store, and one of my
jobs is 'Scan Coordinator,' which entails working midnight to 8:00AM one
day a week to change prices and price tags. (It also entails getting the
blame for anything that doesn't scan correctly during the rest of the
week.) I listen to my R700 for the whole shift; it sure beats the Muzak.
But the point is that there are loose AA's rolling around, all over the
store, because the order-writing scanners use three AA's, so when
someone replaces the batteries they grab a four-pack and the leftover
gets tossed in a drawer to be forgotten. So not only do I get to listen
to MDs on the clock, I'm using their batteries too. :] If I had a
gumpack-battery portable I'd have to worry about the charge level.
On a side note, the R500 uses a standard AA also (and has the 'battery
bulge' on the back), but it doesn't include a rechargable or an AC
adapter for charging one like the 700 does.

   2
 [)  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 |\  http://rsquared.firest0rm.org/