well, html is simpler for those of us who occasionally still don't start up
x-windows on our freebsd boxes & browse in lynx/w3m... plus all search
engines will find references in them.

peter

On 19 Jun 01, %l:07PM, Eric Woudenberg, Minidisc.org Editor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have several PDF format Sony manuals that I am about to put up on
> the MDCP and am thinking about junking the HTML+GIF equivalents that
> are kept there.  Does anyone see a good reason to keep e.g.
>
>        http://www.minidisc.org/jb940_manual/
>
>   when there now exists:
>
>        http://www.minidisc.org/manuals/sony/sony_mdsjb940_manual.pdf
> ?
>
> The only advantage I see to the HTML+GIF versions is that a person on
> a very slow link could look at the manual page at a time (i.e. random
> access) without downloading the whole thing.
>
> But the PDF version is about 1/3rd the size (2.5MB vs. 8MB), is easily
> printable, and does two languages (En and Fr) (and I would like to
> save some space).
>
> Rick

Peter Jaques <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<http://www.cs.oberlin.edu/~pjaques/>

               ++++ stop de execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal ++++
       ++++ if you agree copy these 3 sentences in your own sig ++++
     ++++ more info: http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm ++++