the sblive is a PCI soundcard and therefor any plug and play system that picks it up
simply notices that a PCI card has been added to the system.

IRQ settings and such are determined by the mainboard in a manner that may be
customizable through the BIOS on a PC.

on PC's unless you are using ISA cards the BIOS setting for Plug and play OS's should
be disabled no matter what OS you are using.

marc