Dang.

It's nice to put loads of music and lots of tracks onto a single MD.  But
when it's a compilation and each track needs to be noted with song title and
artist (in contrast to copying an album or several by one artist, where the
performer need be named once in the disc title and not on every track),
there isn't enough titling space!  The 255 seven-character cells just don't
cover it.

Tonight I was titling a disc of fifty-five LP tracks (some LP2, some LP4)
and made it to about the fortieth track before running out of title space,
and that was without having yet titled the disc itself.  I had to go back
and do some egregious abbreviating and to continue the practice on the
remaining tracks.  The results are adequate as reminders to me but would be
pretty uninformative to anyone else.

David