>From what I understand, the only reason something syncs is because data is
sent along the optics/coax, and as there is no hissing or anything, then
nothing will record until audio is present, as it is dead silent. There is
no timing code (only subcode data in the S/PDIF standard is SCMS, and thats
it). I've had my MZ-R900 put track marks in on the right locations in
ANALOG, but this is probably due to the fact that my soundcard has gold
connectors and a pretty decent DAC (while u may not think the connectors
make a difference, believe me, they do)

Stuart Howlette
"There are many questions in life, but is the right answer only correct
because the majority believe in it?"
This is from a chat i had with someone a while ago (and this was him being
serious
"NoNaMeR 2KuK: say we dont need computers
NoNaMeR 2KuK: we could use cheese instead "
For more from this chat, visit
http://www.liquid2k.com/stuh84/personal/chat.htm
[EMAIL PROTECTED]