Do they still make anything that I could use an isa card with any more if
my mother board ever goes? Any kind of adapters? I suppose, with two pci
slots, all you have is the modem and sound, and everything else must be
integrated, probably little chance of multitracking with multiple sound
cards like that.
At 04:17 AM 8/20/01 -0400, you wrote:

>Danny-K wrote:
>
>> Hello-
>>
>>  I had to take out my usb card, and one pci slot is now wasted,
>> but I don't have a complaint about that.  Don't need more than two usb
ports
>> right now anyway.
>
>If you need more USB ports, you don't have to add a card.  Get a USB port.  I
>know that they make them with at least 4 ports.  But you can piggyback
them to
>the maximum number of USB devices that are allowed.
>
>The other advantage is that they come with an optional power supply.  If
you are
>using peripherals that use very little current, you may not need it, but
it will
>supply additional power when it is needed.
>
>I've noticed that they are getting very tight with card slots.  A bought
my wife
>a new computer last Feb.  Not only does it have only 2 or 3 free PCI slots,
>there are NO ISA slots (not even a dual purpose slot).  I couldn't install
our
>scanner because it uses an ISA SCSI card and a PCI compatible card costs
about
>$100.  For that money it made for sense to get a new scanner.
>
>The old scanner was a decent quality UMAX, but the was technology keeps
>advancing, a less expensive scanner today is probably at least as good.
Also,