I don't know if it is available in Canada but I really like my Blaupunkt
Dallas MD deck. (The US site shows the stateside equivalent my model - the
first link below - and the new, 'improved' version):

http://www.blaupunktusa.com/receivers/receivers_00_dallas.htm
http://www.blaupunktusa.com/receivers/receivers_01_neworleans.html

The reason I bought it was that my Sony unit was stolen and, of course, the
face-plate was in the glove box. This made me realise that a removable
face-plate is no deterrent to the scum that break in to cars. Blaupunkt
units have a smart card the size of a credit card, which slides into the
back of the hinged face-plate so it's easy to take with you and easy to see
that it's been removed. I will never buy a face-off unit again. Anyway,
compared to my Sony unit, I would say that sound quality through the
mediocre standard speakers in my car is similar for MD and better for the
radio. The other area where the Dallas wins is the user interface. It is
simple and uncluttered, using 8 soft keys for all the peripheral functions,
rather than the plethora of tiny buttons that you normally get, and a
simple, easy to read display, rather than the mobile disco that you usually
get. It is changer compatible, though whether they do a MD changer, I don't
know.

Regards,

S.