Until I was familiar with MD I decided to wait to buy an MD car deck
Now I'm ready for one.  But within the past year and a half the local
car audio vendors are no longer carrying them.  The last ones they
did have were last year's Kenwood and Sony, but which specific
models I don't remember.  Now whatever I want I may have to order
via phone or Internet.

Is there a good review site or page somewhere that I can preview
a comparitive review, or do I have to "chase down" reviews on each
model?  It would be a great help to see a review of a handful of
decks, rated by some means.  Has any audiophile or magazine
done a comparitive review?

I'd also like to (eventually) connect a non-indash MD changer to the
deck.  I don't want/need flashy graphics on the display, nor a removeable
or self-hiding faceplate (but the latter would be OK).  Also, LP is not
a requirement.  Any advice, pros and/or cons would be appreciated.

Here's what little I have heard or read so far, correctly or not, about
some models:

Kenwood: takes a number of seconds to display the title once a track
is selected.  (I've had good success myself with Kenwood AM/FM/
cassette decks.)

Sony:  Good sound.  I've heard good things about the MDX-65 changer.

Are different brand decks and changers interconnectable?

RLS