Bill Crawford wrote:

> Ah, yes, but the MD-R3 isn't a portable.  It's a 3CD/1MD deck.  If I do end
> up having to replace it, I'll probably end up going with separate
> components--
> a carousel CD player and a JB940, if I can sell my spleen fast enough.  :)

Sorry, I thought that you were referring to the Sony MD-R3.  Can't believe that
Sharp would use the same name as Sony.  What were they thinking?

Unless you already have a DVD player, there is an Apex carousel that can also
play MP3 files, "burned" on a CDR or CDRW.  The price isn't that high either
(especially considering it will play, audio CDs, MP3 CDs, DVDs and VCDs).

The original Apex sometimes had a sync problem with the picture and sound (I
have one of those), but I'm sure that they corrected the problem by now.  I
don't know if you have a portable also, but if I had to choose between having
either a portable or MD deck, I'd choose the portable.  They are so much more
versatile and can be plugged into your stereo system.

If you have a newer AV receiver that has digital audio inputs, that's a
different story.  For some reason after the introduction of the Sony MZ-1
original MD portable, they stopped putting digital outputs on  portable MD
units.  You can buy a portable CD player with a digital output, so I don't
understand the reasoning.

Larry