[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm a 700 owner and love it, got the free armband case from sony and that works
>great when running or walking.
>
> the record quality is good and the digital output device for the computer is nice
>even though i only used it once to test it.
>
> The one problem i have is the sound quality when the headphones aren't plugged into
>the remote seems to suffer, but i've heard the same from other people w/ different MD
>units

Sure the sound quality will suffer when you unplug the headphones, because you can't
hear anything.

Seriously, connected to the proper preamp input of a decent stereo system, you should
be able to obtain near CD quality.  They sell 29 dollar CD players that sound OK used
that
way, so the MD should be fine.

There must be some other factor not related directly to the recorder if you feel the
sound quality is not as good.

Larry