Hello all!
Just received my very first MD device! All I can say is: YES! Oh, YES!!!

Anyway, as said in an earlier message, it'll be used for field recordings.
But one thing I'd like to do is to burn backup copies on CD-Rs. The only
computer I'll have then will be an old PowerBook 5300 the audio i/o of
which is pretty bad.
I don't necessarily want extreme sound quality for these backups but I was
wondering if people here had ideas for neat ways to get decent results. My
budget is really tight so the MD-to-PB solution shouldn't cost too much.
The MD is a Sony MZ-R37 and the Powerbook has two PC Card slots, a specific
expansion bay, and the standard Mac ports (Localtalk serial, SCSI).
TIA!
Alex from Montreal

Alex Enkerli
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Folklore and Ethnomusicology
Indiana University