Brian Lalor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I just got Sony MDR-ED228LP "groove" ear buds ( $20.00 ). They have a
>> little longer ear insert that put the sound closer but are light and
>> comfortable. I think the sound is pretty good. Anybody else use them?
>
> How snug do they fit in your ears? Would they work under a helmet that
> fits tight over the ears? Do they form any kind of seal to keep other
> sounds out? I'm considering the Koss ear plugs...

The Koss "Plug" is simply *horrible* in terms of sound. I bought two
different pairs, and even did some of the "mods" found on the various
headphone boards -- nothing can salvage these headphones. All boom, not much
else. Their only redeeming quality is that they block noise. However, I'd
spend $20 more and get the Sony EX70 if you need a "plug"-type earbud.

For the money (<$20), the best earbuds I've heard (by a long shot) are the
Sennheiser MX-500 which can be found for $15 - $20. I find them to be
significantly better than the Sony 228s.