Stainless Steel Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> | For the money (<$20), the best earbuds I've heard (by a long shot) are the
> | Sennheiser MX-500 which can be found for $15 - $20. I find them to be
> | significantly better than the Sony 228s.
>
> The only "good" (and I use that term loosely) Sony earbuds I've tried are
> the 888 series, which cost around $80. Koss KSC-35 earclips sound very
> much better and cost slightly more than 1/3 that, around $30.

I wholeheartedly agree with that. The KSC-35 are the best headphones (of any
style) under $50 IMO. The newer KSC-50 use the same driver, but a more
"modern" enclosure (silver and round) -- they have a bit less bass (since
they don't fit as tightly), are heavier, and they aren't as good for
"active" wearing (i.e., they fall off). But on the other hand, they can be
found for $15 at Circuit City.