===========================BEGIN QUOTE==============================
I've got a 750. The FM reception is pretty good. I listen to it quite
often when I'm in public transport. Sometimes there's some
distortion, but that's usually caused by the electrical systems of
the train. AM reception is OK, but I hardly ever listen to AM. In the
Netherlands all the stations I listen to are in the FM range.
===========================END QUOTE==============================

When you listen to FM on any Walkman radio, including the G750, the
headphone cord is your FM aerial / antenna. There are a lot of factors to
consider with FM radio on a Walkman. The metal housing that is common with
public transport vehicles can act as an RF shield and, as you travel, you
will experience "destructive multipath" which is similar to ghosting on
analogue TV. This is because you will receive radio signals reflected off
hills and tall buildings as well as the direct signal that is emanating from
your favourite station's transmitting tower. This can cause "cancelling out"
which results in poor signal or mono reception at spasmodic times. As you
walk or travel; or even move your headphone lead, the signal will come back
to normal stereo reception.

So I wouldn't expect perfect reception out of a Walkman radio because of the
way it is used. As well, I often wonder whether the cable that runs between
the G750 and the remote is the set's FM aerial or whether it is just the
headphone cable?

With regards

Simon Mackay