The documentation for API:Login <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Login> is
not elaborate enough and I find it confusing. I don't know whether I am the
only one. This is the statement in particular that I am finding difficult to
comprehend.

CentralAuth SUL Login
Now you have to parse the cookie by looking for the centralauth_ cookies and
adding additional entries for all other wikis that centralauth covers in
your setup.

The cookies I get when I log in (after I get a success message) is like
this. First, I do not understand why the domains for centralauth cookies is
not having the language code (in this case 'en'). I tried manually changing
it to en.wikipedia.org but that did not help. Second, I am not sure whether
I create new cookies myself and give the names as enwiki_User, enwiki_Token
and enwiki_Session and then copy the domain and values.

"Domain:en.wikipedia.org, Name:enwiki_session,
Value:a645f734457a6dc84071c76920f49d17"
"Domain:en.wikipedia.org, Name:enwikiUserID, Value:1668905"
"Domain:en.wikipedia.org, Name:enwikiUserName, Value:Sreejithk2000"
"Domain:.wikipedia.org, Name:centralauth_User, Value:Sreejithk2000"
"Domain:.wikipedia.org, Name:centralauth_Token,
Value:10818a0450a622c4b3ca32e25a73df54"
"Domain:.wikipedia.org, Name:centralauth_Session,
Value:aa05490f4be76d3be15641e71531bcc5"

Can someone elaborate on the next steps on the API portal or reply back to
this email?

Quite surprisingly, I pointed my api to commons and all the Domains now
gives the complete domain (commons.wikipedia.org) and I can get an edit
token with these cookies.

Thanks,
Sreejith K.