An excellent question, Greg. Unfortunately the most common reply you will get will probably be "write one yourself."

Creating GUI's seems for whatever reason to be outside the comfort level of most programmers.

"Comment? Why would I comment my own code?"

"Help? Why would I need a help file for my own program?"

"Admin page? Why would I need an admin page to do stuff for me that I already know how to do?"

See how it goes?

Why is there a reliance on manually editing LocalSettings.php and uploading it to the site? Why is there not an Admin page that edits this online?