On Monday 21 Feb 2011 12:58:10 Alistair Buxton wrote:
> On 18 February 2011 10:54, Sivan Greenberg <si...@omniqueue.com> wrote:
> > Speaking of which, what would be the way to change the resolution for
> > it on the ideapad such that it will be usable on it? It is quite a
> > pain to have to switch to a VT and kill the focused app to get back to
> > either panels ,which ofcourse go out of screen boundary or the apps
> > menu which takes the whole screen.
> >
> > Any idea someone?
>
> That is how it is supposed to work. You are supposed to press the windows
> key to go back, or hold it for the application switcher.

  This is a... very interesting choice. i know apple chose this somewhat
strange, discoverability-impeded approach for their multitasking, but why must
we be locked into the same fallacies? The intelligent two-step approach on
Maemo5's task switcher is one of the cleverest i've seen to date, and no
active teaching is involved, as the user sees it /immediately/ and thus
discovers it all on their own and are allowed to go "Yay, I'm clever!" as
opposed to "Hmm, why didn't I guess that, I must be dumb." or, of course which
is more accurate, think simply "Huh, that's a bit silly. Oh well."
  So, my suggestion - user taps win key, if no apps are open, show launcher,
if more apps are open than the currently focused, show apps. i see no reason
to deliberately make it more difficult :)

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

                          Co-