On 21/02/2011 19:50, Patrick Ohly wrote:
On Mo, 2011-02-21 at 13:45 +0000, Dave Neary wrote:
But even if the best placed person in the technical UX project agreed,
the chances that it could be changed at this point, when we find out
about it, are slim. The costs now would be much higher than if the
change were proposed&  made several months ago. But because the UX
interfaces are being developed and specced behind closed doors, and we
discover finished code which we are expected to "patch" (as opposed to
"write"), everyone ends up frustrated.

Please don't jump to conclusions. I don't think the code can be
considered "finished" at this time, so I wouldn't be surprised if such a
change has a good chance of getting in. I'll forward the email thread to
the relevant people.

I think Dave's point, which I fully agree with, is that the community would like to see things, and be able to get involved, at the design and "wireframe" stage. Even if the code isn't finished, I assume the design and wireframe specs which explain how the UX should act were finished, behind closed doors, many months ago. This isn't, I believe, how MeeGo was supposed to be.

John