On 22/02/2011 09:38, martin brook wrote:
As far as I'm aware ISV's/OEM's are free to develop a UX on top of
MeeGo to differentiate themselves in the marketplace ala TouchWiz,
Motoblur, SenseUI etc.

I know about that and don't have a problem with that, but I didn't think what Intel has just released was a proprietary vendor UX. I thought that this was the reference tablet UX, which like the reference handset UX, is intended to be developed in the open as part of the MeeGo project.

Of course, the reference handset UX was also designed and wireframed behind closed doors and code released pretty much fully formed, so Intel isn't doing anything that hasn't happened before, and I expect the same will happen again with the IVI and TV UXes. But that doesn't mean that this way of working can't be criticised.

John